Route Map

Route Map

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Unlucky 13

I should have known to beware after the twelfth flat tire that I had due to the fact that the 13th of anything is supposed to be bad luck. But my luck with flat tires has been absolutely atrocious so far this trip. It is not surprising for me to arrive at camp, having had one or more flat tires throughout the day. It has helped me to get extremely efficient at changing flat tires though which I guess is the positive in this situation.

The 13th flat happened so suddenly I really have to say this one took the cake. I had just left camp and was approximately 10km down the road chatting with Georgie about how much I liked the road that we were riding on as it was a good downhill grade. We decided to slow down to take a photo when BANG! A very loud noise of the tube popping, which in turn blew my tire off my rim and sent a small piece of the tire tube towards Georgie and it hit her arm. It was pretty scary because it brought me to a standstill pretty quickly and if I had of been going faster I definitely would have crashed. I didn’t even actually realize that the tire could come off the rim like that, ignorance is sometimes bliss I think. Unlucky 13, or maybe better yet, Lucky 13. I guess it depends on if you see the glass half full or half empty. I could have been injured but in fact, it just startled me.

No comments:

Post a Comment